MAC Surfacing is expanding the team with the addition of a Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Officer.
MAC are a growing family business of 110 staff specialising in hire based road surfacing services to a multitude of businesses from major contractors on the highways network down to private sector car parks. As they are hire based, it is important that they lay down their minimum procedures to clients and only compromise where their clients site QHSE procedures are greater than their own minimum requirements.
With customers are their top priority, it is important to see the bigger picture, that we all have targets and outputs to meet but we must work together to complete projects on time, profitably but most of all, safely as possible.
The QHSE Officer will be responsible for overseeing QHSE across various sites predominantly in the Midlands and surrounding areas.
Most of all, you must be able to communicate clearly to people of all levels of the business and adapt to the suit the individual to get a successful outcome. Safety is the top priority but you must not see situations as black and white, our business is very adaptive and we must therefore reach a successful outcome for all involved.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Managing QHSE aspects on site
- Attending pre-start meetings, undertake site audits
- Providing ongoing safety advice to all areas of the business
- Develop and maintain quality management systems
- Push towards ISO 14001 and 18001 approval
- Arrange training and conduct group safety presentations
- Communicate the performance of our business from a QHSE perspective to directors
Mandatory Minimum Requirements:
- Good Communication skills
- IT Literate
- Nebosh Construction Certificate
- 5 years experience in a similar role, construction and highways maintenance knowledge is essential
Ideal but not essential:
- Familiar with and qualifications around ISO 9001:2015 and Sector Scheme 16
- Familiar with ISO 14001 and OHSAS18001
- IEMA or similar environmental management qualification
- IOSH or IIRSM registered
Salary dependent on experience.
For more information, call 0121 522 2303, or email email@example.com