Amberon TM | Community Engagement Programme 2019 is well and truly underway
Amberon Traffic Management have in 2019, made a commitment to furthering their involvement in their local communities, aiding and assisting local projects, people and activities, using their assets and capabilities in order to add value.
While the company have always been keen to lend a hand to the communities that surround them and their 24 depots, this year has seen a concerted effort to enhance their involvements with the development of their Amberon Community Engagement Programme (ACEP19) for 2019.
So far in 2019, Amberon have been focusing on improving lives for children in their communities and have got involved in schemes and projects such as this selection below:
1. Geraint Jones the Business Development Manager for North Wales delivered a safety presentation to school kids in North Wales including an interactive safety quiz at Ysgol Dolgarrog in Tal-Y-Bont. This was after the children of the school had carried out a traffic survey outside of the school and found a number of vehicles to be breaking the speed limit in the 30mph zone! Teacher, Morgan Dafydd said that the children found the talk very engaging and informative.
2. Amberon have donated and helped implement a safety zone outside Astwood Bank Primary School. Amberon were contacted to see if they could help support the Drop ‘n’ Go safety project that AB Safety had been trying to launch at Astwood Bank Primary School in Worcestershire. Of course Amberon jumped at the chance to help with “road safety”, with the local Droitwich depot supplying the kit the team needed to safely get the wheels in motion by creating signage and providing cones for the school’s new safety zone. Now the project is up and running the children and parents feel a lot safer in the knowledge AB Safety and Amberon are taking road safety seriously.
3. Milton Primary School in Newport haven’t had a rugby kit for almost 10 years! A virtual crime in the rugby hotbed that is Wales, Amberon got involved with the school via an engagement project which involved children designing their own kits and on the back of the school interaction, Amberon have now had a kit made for them!
4. DIY SOS: DIY SOS: The Big Build is the BBC’s flagship home renovation programme; it has been running for 18 years and attracts up to 5 million viewers per episode in its prime time slot on BBC One. The award-winning show, presented by Nick Knowles and his team of Billy, Mark, Chris and Jules, takes on extremely Big Builds across the country in just nine days. Four times Amberon have supported local communities by providing DIY SOS with Traffic Management while they carry out their magic on projects across the UK. Projects in Bolton, Bromsgrove, Plymouth and the Grenfell Tower boxing club have all been on the Amberon radar.
5. Amberon’s Swansea depot enabled the Porthcawl Xmas Swim to go ahead. The Amberon team took a call from the Porthcawl Buccaneers, local charity, who asked if they could have 50 cones as a supplier had let them down for their annual Christmas swim – which has been ongoing for 54 years! Amberon provided them at no charge. Swansea depot manager Dafydd was subsequently asked to attend their annual presentation. They raised around £25k between the swim event and a yearly carnival and all proceeds went to Prostate Cymru and local charities such as St Johns Ambulance, RNLI and Welsh Fire Services for their support in helping the event year on year.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE AMBERON NEWS
Amberon Managing Director Terry Musson said:
“We were pleased to help out across these projects and have more planned in the pipeline.
“It’s very rewarding for those involved, as well as us at Amberon.
“We all know how important our local communities are, and as we branch out into depot 26 and beyond, we feel the Amberon community family continues to grow and provides us with the opportunity to help and assist more people in their efforts.”