CECA Midlands | A fond thank you and farewell to a true difference maker
The Civil Engineering Contractors Association represents civil engineering contractors involved in the delivery and maintenance of the UK’s critical infrastructure.
Our membership, which includes companies of all sizes, operates in the transport, energy, water, waste and communications sectors. CECA represent and promotes the interests of over 300 businesses across the UK, employing close to 250,000 people and delivering work worth around £15 billion every year.
CECA maintain close relationships with clients, government and the media to ensure that our members’ expertise is recognised, and their views are heard by the policy makers. CECA’s nationwide network of autonomous regional organisations, supported by its national office in the heart of Westminster, equips CECA to speak up for the interests of all members, irrespective of their size, specialism and location.
CECA (Midlands) represent approximately 74 civil engineering contractors and associate members. The main areas of operation are Derbyshire, Herefordshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Worcestershire, and the district of Peterborough in the county of Cambridgeshire.
CECA Midlands now takes the opportunity to say goodbye to a stalwart of its team, Dawn Karakatsanis who moves on from the organisation after 14 years and takes up retirement.
Dawn’s career with CECA began as a consultant and most recently holds the title of Regional Director – the role she now vacates.
In Dawn’s 5 year post as Regional Director, her accomplishments include:
- Elevated the status of the Midlands by increasing membership by 25% & instigated associate membership for the
- Delivered 20% more industry related training (continued through pandemic virtually)
- Supported the government with the development of ‘Safe working procedures’ during the pandemic through CLC, using Members experience & SWOP to keep the construction industry working.
- Developed the foundation group (for graduates & new entrants to the industry)
- Delivered the ‘Kickstart Programme’ across the membership
- Supported many individuals with integration into new employment after the failure of Carillion.
Nigel Drew (current Chairman) Andrew Bradshaw (previous Chairman) Ron Pinfield (Vice-Chair) Steve Lilly (Deputy Vice Chair) & all of CECA Council (Midlands) would like to publicly thank Dawn for her outstanding effort & achievements during her tenure & sincerely wish her a long & happy retirement from April 2022.