Chevron TM | The Petzl Safety Helmet…5 years on!
This year see’s the 5th anniversary of Chevron using the Petzl safety helmet; In 2012, the Petzl Helmet was issued to all operatives as part of their PPE.
It was initially suggested by one of Chevron’s employees that they should look at a better solution for their safety helmets. So, Chevron began consultation across the workforce involving ooperatives and the management team.
Having reviewed the options available on the market at that time and conducting several on-site trials, it became clear that there was no suitable head protection currently available to the industry equipped to solve the issues experienced i.e. losing helmets in adverse weather conditions and whilst bending down etc.
So, Chevron took the innovative approach to looking outside of the traditional suppliers to other industries that required protective helmets. This led the company to looking at the leisure industry and in particular rock climbing and caving helmets. Chevron very quickly identified the French company Petzl as being the leading supplier in this market, and could work with them to adopt the Vertex helmet as their company standard headwear.
The protection and comfort these helmets provide Chevron operatives:
- Shock absorption achieved through deformation of the outer shell
- Strong chinstrap limits the risk of losing the helmet during a fall
Very comfortable to wear:
- Six-point textile suspension conforms perfectly to the shape of the head
- CenterFit adjustment system adjusts the headband and keeps the helmet centred on the head
- Vent holes with sliding shutters allow the ventilation to be adjusted as needed while wearing the helmet.
- Comes with two sizes of headband foam
Many accessories are available to adapt the helmet to its use:
- Side slots for mounting a face shield and/or standard hearing protection
- Designed to accommodate integral head torch and hearing protection
- Single adjustment wheel adjusts the headband size, chin strap position can be adjusted forward or backward, position of straps around the ears can be adjusted
5 years on…
With no reported incidents involving head injuries to date, Chevron can safely say that they are as proud as these helmets now as they have ever been. They are now being adopted across the industry and have been identified as best practice among many of our clients and supply chain alike.
They are now being adopted across the industry and have been identified as best practice among many of Chevron’s clients and supply chain alike.