Highway Care | Becoming UK Distributor of SMA End Terminals and Crash Cushions
Highway Care have agreed a deal to supply SMA Road Safety Ermes End Terminals and Leonidas family of Crash Cushions plus their full range of road safety solutions across the UK as of 1st July 2020.
Known for introducing innovative, highway safety solutions to the industry and Highway Care was the first to introduce a P4 End Terminal and Crash Cushion to the UK market in the early 2000’s. After successfully achieving the mandating of P4 End Terminals in 2004 we estimate over 50,000 units have been installed in the proceeding years.
‘The performance of a crash cushion, but at the price of a P4 terminal’”
From 1st July Highway Care will supply a full range of high-speed solutions, including end terminals, in 6 variants of installation and performance speed, and crash cushions, in 43 variants of width and performance speed. Each solution will offer protection based on specific applications and speeds, allowing for more tailored solutions.
Benefits of Ermes End Terminal and Leonidas Crash Cushion families
The Ermes P4 End Terminal comes a new standard to the UK P4 terminal market as it offers;
- Double-Sided terminal, made entirely from steel, utilising energy absorbing elements
- Repairable, like a crash cushion, post design impact: reducing both repair costs and time
- Shorter Length versus competitive systems: where space is limited can be installed where others cannot
- Best In Class performance: meeting D1.1 and Z1 specification
- Flexible Installation options for a range of surface types including soil, asphalt and concrete
The Leonidas Crash Cushion family comes as four versions; Parallel, Semi Wide, Wide and X-Wide.
What sets these re-directive steel crash cushions apart? The simple replacement of the impact absorbing panels after a collision, saving maintenance contractors on project time and costs.
- Largest Selection available, with 43 variants of width size and speed limit options
- Simple Replacement of impact absorbing panels after a collision, saving maintenance contractors on project time and costs
- Market Leading short system lengths for applications with limited space
- The Leonidas Parallel for narrow spaces, particularly tunnels, protecting against vehicles of varying speeds, including: 50 km/h, 80 km/h, 100 km/h and up to 110 km/h. 110km/h Parallel system has even passed experimental high speed test at 130 km/h (80.8mph)
- Semi-Wide solution ideal for slip roads and junction schemes
- X-Wide protects larger and wider, hazards with performance speeds from 80 km/h to 110 km/h.
Ben Duncker, Highway Care Commercial Director told us:
‘The SMA Road Safety products including the Ermes End Terminal and Crash Cushion families are high-quality products with an unmatched range of options available for different speeds, widths and applications. We now offer our customers more choice and flexibility on products, to ensure the safest solution is provided, which is our ultimate aim.
We wanted to offer our customers a full range of products both for the Highways England and Local Authorities sectors. With SMA we now have many products suitable for both including urban, slower-speed solutions. Our customers can come to us for leading turnkey solutions across various applications within the highways, vehicle restraint and traffic management sector.”
Antony Butcher, Highway Care Managing Director commented:
“As we make headway through what has been a very difficult time for people in the personal and business sense, it is very exciting and uplifting to be able to share some news which will allow Highway Care to take the next step forward and team with a fellow forward-thinking company to offer the industry even more road safety products. We are looking forward to seeing many Ermes End Terminals and Leonidas Crash Cushions on the road in the near future.”
Roberto Impero, Commercial Business Manager added:
“SMA is excited to be working with the UK’s recognised leader in road safety innovation and product supply. Highway Care has demonstrated over many years its understanding of the highways market along with the ability to form strong and lasting relationships with both consulting and contracting companies.
“SMA is proud to have developed a broad range of road safety products which are approved and being used widely in most countries worldwide, we are committed to developing and manufacturing new life-saving products and we feel that in Highway Care we have a fantastic partner that shares with our determination and desire.”
For more information about Highway Care please visit: www.highwaycare.com