Highway Safety Solutions | New vacancies on groundbreaking TM Apprenticeship
Looking for a New Career? Then look no further!
Highway Safety Solutions Limited has an exciting opportunity for 8 x Trainees on their ground-breaking TTM Apprenticeship Scheme who are looking to develop a career in Temporary Traffic Management.
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast growing industry which has been guaranteed an additional £15 billion investment over the next 5 years! The industry is looking to invest in highly motivated individuals to undertake the role of Traffic Management Operatives.
Committed to an extensive training programme and the monitored development of competent Traffic Management Operatives, we, mentors at one of the industry’s leading training providers, will share our knowledge and combined industry experience of over 75 years with the successful applicants throughout the term of the contract.
Each successful applicant shall be guided through an extensive training package of up to 17 nationally recognised & certified vocational qualifications, worth in excess of £7,000, as detailed below.
In addition to the recognised training package successful applicants shall also receive on the job training as well as additional off the job training to further develop their background knowledge of industry guidelines, applicable legislation, site design processes, and much more.
Job Title: Trainee Traffic Management Operative
Rate of Pay 18-20yrs: £5.50 p/hr
Rate of Pay over 21yrs: £6.70 p/hr
Hours of Work: 37.5 hrs p/wk minimum with flexible start/finish times + overtime
Job Type: Permanent 12mth fixed term contract
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire or Stanford in the Vale, Oxfordshire.
Positions available: 8: 4 position per location.
Duties will include attending scheduled training courses and controlled assessments throughout a 12 month fixed term contract, installing, maintaining and removing Temporary Traffic Management equipment on both high and low speed roads whilst ensuring compliance with company policies and the National Highways Sector Scheme.
During the 12 month fixed term contract, the successful applicants will have achieved the following qualifications:
- Temporary Traffic Management Basic Course
- Lantra accredited 12D T1/T2
- Lantra accredited 12D M1
- Lantra accredited 12D M2 full card
- Lantra accredited 12D T3
- Lantra accredited 12D M3 full card
- Lantra accredited 12D T4
- Lantra accredited 12D M4 full card
- Lantra accredited 12D T5
- Lantra accredited 12D M5 full card
- Lantra accredited 12AB one day course
- Lantra accredited 12AB assessments
- Emergency 1st Aid
- CSCS Card
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety
- Working Safely
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Successful candidates will hold a full UK drivers licence.
- GSCE English and Maths
- Good communicator and team worker
- Highly motivated
- Good housekeeping within the depot and on site
- Compliant with policies and procedures
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Pass a stringent Drug & Alcohol test
- Up to 17 nationally recognised vocational qualifications free of charge (upon completion of 12 months)
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Strong possibility of a permanent contract offer upon completion of the fixed term contract, subject to satisfactory performance and attendance
- No obligation to accept any offer made
- Work experience at one of the industry’s leading Temporary Traffic Management providers
- Great career prospects
- Supported, mentored career development
- Regular overtime opportunities
- 28 days annual leave
- All PPE provided
If you are interested in being part of the UK’s first Traffic Management Apprenticeship Scheme then please register your interest via email to:
OR via post to:
Mr Steven Archer
Highway Safety Solutions Limited
Old Arden Brickworks
Please enclose a copy of your CV along with any references you have.
Application deadline: Friday 4th March 2016 – 4pm