Bridge Engineer – Glasgow
Bridge Engineer – Glasgow
Blueprint Recruitment Ltd is currently working with one of the leading operating companies for the management and maintenance of roads and bridges in Scotland. Due to the acquisition of a new contract they have the requirement to add a Bridge Engineer to their team on a permanent contract.
To design remedial and new works for highway structures. To deliver the routine maintenance programme for the Bridges team
Accountable to the Senior Bridges Engineer and to the Bridges Manager, as may be required.
With the minimum of supervision, delivery of both personal and sub-team programme for the design, procurement and construction of highway structures in various materials within Transport Scotland’s South West Unit. Budgetary control and accountability of individual schemes on behalf of the company.
- Delivery of structural assessments and designs of highway structures in accordance with Eurocodes/Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB)
- Deliver tender/contract documents including conditions of contract, specification, method of measurement and drawings in accordance, with the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW)
- Inspection of highway structures
- Manage schemes – works and budgets
- Residential or non-residential (as may be required) site supervision of works to suit the construction programme.
- Management of small sub-team of engineers and technicians including giving technical advice on design and construction
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- CEng or IEng and actively working towards Chartered status.
- Minimum of MEng or equivalent in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years post-graduation experience of which at least 3 years’ experience should be in bridge and/or highway structures related fields. For those approaching chartered status, a longer period of relevant experience may be required
- Working knowledge of DMRB, MCHW and Structural Eurocodes; all as may be amended by Transport Scotland
- Experienced in bridge design, assessment and inspection.
- Working knowledge of CDM
- Understanding of conditions of contracts
- Ability to work proactively and with the minimum of supervision
- Current clean driving licence
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
To apply for this position or to learn more about the role please contact Robert Gilchrist at Blueprint Recruitment by email or phone.
Due to the potential level of response we are unable to contact all applicants
Please contact us on 01592 631644 for more information.
This position may be one of numerous opportunities we are handling that you could have an interest in pursuing. If you have not been in touch with us before please call us on 01592631644 or email your contact and we will make sure the most relevant consultant gets back to you as soon as possible.
Please note that we never send CV's out without your prior consent.
View all our jobs at www.blueprint-recruitment.co.uk
Blueprint Recruitment Limited offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.