Network Bridges Manager – Glasgow
Network Bridges Manager – Glasgow
Blueprint Recruitment Ltd is currently working with one of the leading operating companies for the management and maintenance of roads and bridges in Scotland. Due to the acquisition of a new contract they have the requirement to add a Network Bridges Manager to their team on a permanent contract.
Delivery of Transport Scotland’s annual programme for network bridges and highway structures within Transport Scotland’s South West Unit. Supervision of site and office based teams for the management of designs and the administration of site works to the highest standards. To assure safety, quality, budgetary control, technical excellence and compliance with CDM 2015.
- Ability to provide direction on projects using risk management and mitigation
techniques whilst working across projects and stakeholders to the benefit of Transport Scotland and the company
- Ensure current design standards are known and adhered to by all staff
- Adoption of State of the Art methodologies together with the provision of advice and support in all aspects of bridge and highway structures design
- Prepare reports, studies and designs as required
- Ensure that the design team’s assessments, designs, reports, studies, tenders, etc, are continually delivered to a high standard in accordance with company procedures and aspirations
People & Communications:
- Development and coaching of staff
- Undertake performance and development appraisals of direct reports
- Support team members in their personal and professional development, including the identification of appropriate training, etc, and recommendation of suitable action
- Checking and approval of staff timesheets
- Approval of staff holiday requests
Client & Customers:
- Provision of details for past and present programme including financial and resource forecasting. Accrual of project costs.
- Lead and give direct input to monthly network bridges programming meetings with Transport Scotland/PAG
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with the Client, Transport Scotland/PAG, 3rd Parties, supply chain partners and colleagues
- Deputise for Bridges & Abnormal Loads Routing Manager as may be required
- Effectively manage and co-ordinate the workload of the Network Bridges design team
- Delivery of the structures annual inspection and monitoring programmes on time to a high quality standard
- Specific responsibility for technical content, programming, management and delivery of all tendered works packages produced by the Network Bridges design team
- Ensure output (designs, reports, tenders, studies etc) from the Network Bridges team is produced to a consistently high standard and is on-programme and within budget
- Management of external sub-consultants to ensure the delivery of design and assessment packages
- Ensuring that maintenance and operations manuals, health and safety files, as-built records and sub-standard structures proformas are kept up to date
- Implementation and compliance with company procedures and protocols
- Assistance with QA audits as programmed by company and the Client
- Ensure all licences, permissions and orders, etc, are in place in sufficient time to allow construction to progress unhindered
Budget & Programme:
- Delivery of the Network Bridges annual programme to cost and time
- Close liaison with all company team managers and other department heads to ensure a coordinated approach to delivery of Transport Scotland’s annual network bridges programme
- Coordinate Network Bridges programme and budget with that of the Major Bridges team
Other duties as may be required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Chartered Membership of the Institution of Civil or Structural Engineers
- BSc, BEng, MEng or other equivalent qualification
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of bridges and highway structures in accordance with DMRB, MCHW, statutory procedures, forms of contract, European & British Standards and CDM 2015
- Broad experience from project inception though assessment and detailed design to construction administration and close out with the production of the H&S File
- Self motivated but relaxed attitude whilst delivering the programme; at times under pressure
- Ability to lead a team of diverse capabilities
- Sound verbal and written communications skills
- Possession of clean full driving licence
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Working knowledge of computer design and analysis
- Experience in different uses of construction materials
- Project Management techniques
- Proven record of the management of multidiscipline and complex projects
To apply for this position or to learn more about the role please contact Robert Gilchrist at Blueprint Recruitment by email or phone.
Due to the potential level of response we are unable to contact all applicants
Please contact us on 01592 631644 for more information.
This position may be one of numerous opportunities we are handling that you could have an interest in pursuing. If you have not been in touch with us before please call us on 01592631644 or email your contact and we will make sure the most relevant consultant gets back to you as soon as possible.
Please note that we never send CV's out without your prior consent.
View all our jobs at www.blueprint-recruitment.co.uk
Blueprint Recruitment Limited offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.