We are looking for someone with a minimum of one years’ experience within the Highways and / or Civil
Engineering industry and held a similar position. You will be able to manage multiple projects at any one time
and do so efficiently and without compromise.
You will be an excellent communicator and strong attention to
detail. You will be flexible during times of change, and be able to shift priorities in line with business needs.
You will be educated to degree level and hold a valid UK driving licence.
You will report to the Commercial Director and manage the commercial aspects of the end to end project
cycle. This will include management of team members and third party contractors, or consultants in order to
deliver projects on plan. You will be responsible for ensuring cost reduction strategy within the property team
whilst ensuring projects are delivered without compromising, time, quality or operational efficiency. You will
manage the project from the proposal stage and develop and manage your own procurement processes.
You will be an organised person and know what it takes to prioritise a range of tasks with little supervision.
You’ll be a people person with great communication skills and be self-motivated and trustworthy.
You will always be learning and expanding your knowledge every day. We believe in autonomy and trust so
you’ll be given the freedom to work independently with the peace of mind that you have the full support of
the Directors when you need them.
We are passionate about learning and development and will always support you whether it be professional
accreditations such as MRICS, leadership & management or specialist technical training. CPD is integral to
yours and our growth.
Key Tasks and Duties:
- Delivering against an agreed target
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation.
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly.
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of
- Measure and value the work done on site.
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers
and site engineer
- Write monthly cost reports
- Price/forecast the cost of construction for various projects
- Produce CVR’s/ updates for senior management and Clients
- Organise the payment for subcontractors
- Select and/or source construction materials
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Develop relationships
- Experienced Quantity Surveyor with a minimum of 1 years’ experience
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Competent IT skills and proficient in Microsoft packages
- BSc/MSc in Quantity Surveying
- Strong contract knowledge specifically NEC 3 and 4
- Ambitious and work under your own initiative
- Ability to communicate with clients
- Ability to negotiate
- Prior experience in the industry
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Full-time, permanent
- Competitive salary with benefits to suit
- Company car allowance (where applicable)
- Sick pay
- On-site parking
- Company Pension
- Private medical insurance
- The chance to be involved with flagship projects.
Salary - £25,000.00 - £40,000.00 per year
10 hour shift
Monday to Friday