Route Engineer – Glasgow
Route Engineer – Glasgow
Blueprint Recruitment Ltd is currently working with one of the leading operating companies for the management and maintenance of roads and bridges in Scotland. Due to the acquisition of a new contract they have the requirement to add a Route Engineer to their team on a permanent contract.
To provide engineering input to assist in managing the network asset within a Trunk Road Management and Maintenance Contract.
- Meet the professional standards for all activities within the local area
- Developing permanent repair solutions for reactive works
- Contributing to the development of planned structural and routine maintenance works
- Regular liaison with Operations staff
- Advice on development control
- Preparing flood reports People & Communication
- Field Inspections of depots and sites
- Interface with Statutory Undertakers
- Effective response to customer enquiries
- Minimise network disruption
- Growth & Performance
- Meet performance targets
- Promotion of cost effective solution
Health & Safety
- Compliance with relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Take Care reporting and interventions
- Compliance with IMS procedures
- Delivery of KPIs
- Condition of network kept under review
- Asset management system kept up to date
- Delegated statutory functions properly discharged
- Works planned and co-ordinated to reduce impact on customers
- Delivery of designs to programme
- Cost effective solutions prepared
- Timely responses to the client
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- SVQ in appropriate engineering discipline
- Driving licence
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Effective team player
- Computer literate
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Roads maintenance and management asset systems
- Winter Service planning
- New Roads & Streetworks Act, Roads (Scotland) Act and the like
To apply for this position or to learn more about the role please contact Robert Gilchrist at Blueprint Recruitment by email or phone.
Due to the potential level of response we are unable to contact all applicants
Please contact us on 01592 631644 for more information.
This position may be one of numerous opportunities we are handling that you could have an interest in pursuing. If you have not been in touch with us before please call us on 01592631644 or email your contact and we will make sure the most relevant consultant gets back to you as soon as possible.
Please note that we never send CV's out without your prior consent.
View all our jobs at www.blueprint-recruitment.co.uk
Blueprint Recruitment Limited offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.