Miles Macadam | Rejuvenating New Town Bridge
Operating since 1970, Miles Macadam has gained an enviable reputation as a market leader in the manufacture and installation of Grouted Macadam systems. Their certified products, Hardicrete™, Hardipave™ and Milepave™ are specified for construction and engineering projects throughout the UK.
Miles Macadam operates across a number of sectors including the highway network, transport infrastructure, waste and distribution sectors. They were recently engaged by Ringway Cheshire West and Chester for a bridge regeneration scheme in Winsford. Located on the A54 and forming part of a major roundabout leading into the town, New Town Bridge was due for some much needed maintenance.
With the working areas on the bridge closed for three weeks, Miles Macadam teams worked hard with stakeholders to ensure the project was delivered safely and on time to the benefit of the road user.
The scope of works included:
- Planning and disposing of existing surface down to the concrete bridge deck
- Preparatory works and removal of existing waterproofing
- Installation of new waterproofing
- Removal of existing kerb line
- Kerb and footpath reinstatement
- Laying of regulating binder course
- Hot Rolled Asphalt and Pre Coated Chippings
- Road marking and cut through bridge joints
Miles Macadam Director Kit Ebben commented:
“We were delighted Ringway gave us the opportunity to work on this project. From concept to delivery our team completed the scheme on time, to budget and to customer expectation. It’s another great example of a project successfully managed and completed to specification by Miles Macadam”