MVIS | Safe Mind ethos being spread far and wide at Safety in Construction show
On June 25th 2019 MVIS will be at the Safety in Construction show. The event is held at the spectacular Derby arena and is the first show designed to showcase safety products for use specifically in the construction workplace and brings together providers of safety products, services and training which are aimed at this key sector.
With a series of presentations from thought leaders in the construction industry. the event will be the must attend event for all those involved in the construction industry.
Just some of the subject areas featured at the show include:
- Working at Height
- Trench Collapse
- Risk from Moving Objects
- Working in Confined Spaces
- Airborne Fibres & Materials
- Dust monitoring equipment
- Material & Manual Handling
- Hazardous Substances
- Public Safety
Exhibiting at the show is the perfect platform for MVIS to display their attitude to safety, exemplified by their company ethos: Safety in Mind.
Safety in Mind is designed and implemented to ensure they keep staff, customers and stakeholders safe and encompasses:
- Daily checks on all units and vehicles before they leave the depot.
- Call ahead to the site traffic safety control officers in advance of site visits.
- Use Full personal protective equipment (PPE) and traffic management for every site visit.
- Risk assessments completed by delivery team prior to deployment.
- Near Misses Reported and Investigated.
- Monthly in-house toolbox talks.
- Distribution of site contractors H&S briefings.
- CSCS training.
- Health and Safety Awareness Training
- Highways England Passport Training
Additionally, MVIS were recently awarded the 45001:2018 ISO to rubber stamp their exemplary approaches to safety and safe working. As an SME with 19 employees across two companies, this is something MVIS are extremely proud of.
With this accreditation, new safer systems of working, measurability, and continual improvement are in place to ensure MVIS get everyone home safely at the end of every single workday.
Anne Ashman, MVIS General Manager commented:
“We look forward to meeting everyone at the event and being able to spread the word about Safety in Mind, as well as showcase our products and the safety features and benefits we can bring to a work site.
“Safety really is at the heart of what we do, so this should be the perfect platform to meet with like minded individuals, share some best practice and give a better insight into MVIS.”
For more information about MVIS please visit: https://www.m-vis.co.uk/
For further information about the Safety in Construction show and to register please visit: http://www.safetyinconstructionshow.com/