Over £10m worth of West Sussex highway contracts awarded
Contracts worth more than £10million have been awarded to companies which will be carrying out highway improvements in West Sussex this financial year.
The successful bidders for planned road, footway and infrastructure works are:
- Road resurfacing – Tarmac Trading Limited
- Footway improvements – FM Conway Ltd
- Carriageway maintenance and localised surfacing programme – Associated Asphalt Contracting
- Carriageway and footway microasphalt maintenance and improvements – Eurovia Infrastructure Limited
- Highway improvements such as: controlled crossing provision, refuge islands, road safety schemes, plus traffic calming and cycleway provision – Landbuild Ltd.
Roger Elkins, West Sussex County Council’s cabinet member for highways and infrastructure, said: “Congratulations to all the successful bidders: these five companies will be at the forefront of planned highway improvements this financial year and we look forward to working with them.
“West Sussex Highways introduced a new contract framework for 2020/21 which we anticipate will provide improved value for money for council taxpayers. It also provides opportunities to explore innovations that will benefit residents, businesses and visitors using our highway network.”