Safer Highways | SH L!VE: have you downloaded the event app
With just three weeks to go until this year’s SHL!ve Safer Highways are reminding all attendees to download the app for the event.
As part of a bold move to make the event more environmentally friendly, they have replaced the traditional show guide with their very own app to minimise the unnecessary use of paper.
By using the app, delegates have the ability to interface with exhibitors and speakers both prior to and during the event through their unique built in ‘message me’ feature.
Delegates also have the ability to create their very own custom event schedule for the day, which automatically sends push notifications to the individual throughout the event reminding them where they need to be.
This year they aim to eradicate all single-use plastics from their event as well as sourcing all of our foods, wherever possible, from organic and sustainable sources. All packaging for consumables are also being formed of recycled materials.
As well as moving to erase all single-use plastics from the event, Safer Highways have:
- Introduced bamboo coffee cups in their recharge zones
- Mandated sustainable healthy foods for delegates
- Ordered lanyards made from recycled plastic bottles
- Designed delegate badges made from recycled paper
- Agreed with one of their key partners, Skanska UK, that they will provide reusable water bottles for every delegate which they will be able to fill at various water stations throughout the venue.
- Eliminated the need for exhibitors to have paper brochures at the event by commissioning a fully interactive event app.