UTS | Fire Safety Awareness in the Workplace
Please call 0121 326 8696 for more details
Course: Fire Safety Awareness in the Workplace
Duration: 3 hours
Group Size: Maximum 12 delegates
Who should attend: This course is designed to give ALL employees an awareness of the safety measures available to prevent fire in the workplace.
Pre-requisites: None. Recommended for ALL employees
Course aims: The course is aimed at all staff and is designed specifically to promote fire safety within the workplace. It will demonstrate the causes of fire and introduce safe working practices.It will provide the employees with the knowledge and understanding on what to do in the event of a fire in the workplace and the steps to take to prevent this from happening.
On completion of the session delegates will:
- Have a basic understanding of fire and fire behaviour
- Be aware of the different types of signage used,understand their meaning and the importance of following their instructions.
- Be aware of potential fire hazards that can occur in the workplace
- Be aware of what action to take in the event of an emergency
- Be aware of how to operate common fire extinguishers and the importance of using the right type of extinguisher on each type of fire
Certification: On completion, all candidates will undertake a multiple-choice question paper which carries a 75% pass mark. Examination papers will be marked and candidates given their results on the day.Up To Speed Training & Assessment Ltd will make certification for successful candidates.