UTS | Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment
Course: Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment
Duration: 1 day
Group Size: Maximum 8 delegates
Who should attend: Anyone wishing to develop knowledge and understanding in health & safety in construction. It is ideally suited to operators who wish to achieve Fencing Industry Skills Scheme (FISS)/Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) green card status within a fencing/construction environment. It will prepare learners for further learning and training. It is also designed to prepare learners for employment.
Course aims: This course aims to enable candidates to work effectively and efficiently in the workplace. It also provides a route for operators wishing to achieve FISS/CSCS green card status within a construction/fencing environment.
On completion of the session delegates will:-
- Be familiar with the principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Understand the importance of safe manual handling in the workplace
- Understand the importance of working safely at height in the workplace
- Be aware of the risks to health within a construction environment
- Understand the importance of working around plant and equipment safely
Certification: The qualification is assessed by a multiple choice question paper, that is externally marked by the Awarding Organisation. Certification is issued to successful candidates.