UTS | Manual Handling for Temporary Traffic Management Operatives
Please call for further info on 0121 326 8696
Course: Manual Handling for Temporary Traffic Management Operatives
Duration: 1/2 day
Group Size: Maximum 12 delegates
Who should attend: All persons with either a responsibility for managing or installing temporary traffic management schemes
Course aims: To provide candidates with an understanding of the issues involved with tasks involving any form of manual handling specific to the temporary traffic management industry, including the potential injuries that may be incurred, preventative measures to reduce the potential of such injuries and the possible resulting personal injury claims, and to ensure compliance with the current legislation.
On completion of the course the candidates should be able to:
- Define “ manual handling”
- Understand the legislation applicable to manual handling operations
- Understand how manual handling can cause injuries
- Understand the potential issues involved with temporary traffic management operations
- Understand good handling techniques
- Understand the principles for controlling manual handling risk & apply these to a practical situation
Certification: On completion candidates will be required to undertake a multiple- choice test paper (16 questions) and achieve a 75% pass mark. Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate from the recognised industry awarding organisation, Lantra Awards.