UTS | NHSS 12AB Foreman (TMF) / LTMO – Doncaster
Please call us on 0121 326 8696 to discuss details of this course.
Course: NHSS 12AB Foreman (TMF) / LTMO – Doncaster
Duration: 2 days.
Group Size: Maximum 8 delegates x 1 Instructor. Maximum of 12 delegates x 2 Instructors.
Who should attend: All persons who will be required by their employer to work on motorways and high speed dual carriageways in the position of Traffic Management Foreman. All persons who require completing this programme as part of their achievement to become a Traffic Safety Control Officer (TSCO).
Upon completion of the course the candidate must be able to:
• Work out the traffic management layout required to facilitate access to a given work area.
• Work out the distances required for a range of traffic management layouts.
• Calculate the amount of equipment required for a given traffic management layout.
• Assess the standard of equipment that is acceptable to use.
• Understand the planning required for Standard Works
• Understand the different types of temporary markings that are used.
• Understand how different Standard Works are constructed.
• Understand how temporary lane closures can be used in conjunction with Standard Works.
Certification: On completion of the course all candidates will be required to undertake a written examination which carries a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards will make certification to successful candidates. To operate a Foreman you MUST complete the operatives course, complete all assessments in the Logbook and attend the foreman course before a skills registration card can be issued by Lantra Awards.
NB: Candidates who score 70-74% will be permitted to re-sit the paper not less than 2 weeks and no more than 8 weeks after the initial test date. Only one re-sit will be permitted. If a candidate is again unsuccessful they must re-sit the whole course before taking the test again. Candidates scoring less than 70% must re-sit the whole course before re-sitting the end of course test. Refresher training All candidates will be expected to refresh their training every 5 years in order to keep this qualification.