UTS | NHSS 12AB High Speed Traffic Management Operative – Doncaster
Course: NHSS 12AB High Speed Traffic Management Operative – Doncaster
Duration: 1 day.
Group Size: Maximum 8 delegates
Who should attend: All persons who will be required by their employer to work on motorways and/or high- speed dual carriageways.
Course aims: To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge to assist them in becoming a competent member of a high-speed traffic management team.
On completion of the session delegates will:
• Understand the principles of Quality Assurance
• Be aware of the relevant Health & Safety legislation and understand their obligations
• Be able to identify, select and place on site relevant traffic management equipment in accordance with client instructions
• Be able to maintain traffic management equipment on site
• Be able to remove traffic management equipment in accordance with client instructions
• Be able to set out a Chapter 8 lane closure from a given datum
• Have an understanding of the primary paragraphs from Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual to enable static traffic management closures to be implemented
Certification: On completion all candidates will undertake a multiple-choice question paper which carries a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards (the national HSTM award body) will make certification for successful candidates. Full completion of the award can be achieved over a further period of approximately 3-6 months, by undertaking on-site assessments with a suitably qualified Assessor in accordance with the award body’s scheme rules.