UTS | NHSS 12AB Impact Protection Vehicle
Course dates shown are for our BIRMINGHAM centre, please call us on 0121 326 8696 for more details about this course at our London and Manchester locations.
Course: NHSS 12AB Impact Protection Vehicle
Group Size: Maximum 4 delegates.
Who should attend: All persons who will be required by their employer to work on high speed roads, running mobile hard shoulder (or non-live lane) operations using an IPV and for protecting and installing static temporary traffic management.
Course aims: To provide candidates with the necessary knowledge to assist and become fully competent when driving an IPV.
• Be aware of the Sector Scheme Document.
• Be aware of the relevant Health and Safety legislation and understand their obligations.
• Understand the importance of risk assessments and method statements for traffic management activities.
• Be aware of the reference documentation used for traffic management.
• Know the requirements for an Impact Protection Vehicle as described in the relevant reference documents.
• Be able to conduct pre-works checks on an Impact Protection Vehicle.
• Understand the procedures used for protecting the installation of a static temporary traffic management taper.
• Understand the procedures used for protecting mobile hard shoulder operations
• Understand the extent of their duties after achieving this qualification.
• Understand the different types of work that are beyond the scope of this qualification and require full Mobile Lane Closure techniques to be implemented.
• Demonstrate that they have sufficient underpinning knowledge required to be an IPV driver
• Prepare an IPV ready for working on the hard shoulder.
• Arrive on site and set up the operation correctly.
• Operate to safe working procedures including hazard and junction negotiation.
• Remove the operation correctly
Certification: Completion of the award will consist of a successful on-site assessment and scoring a minimum of 75% in the end of course multiple choice test. Successful candidates will receive endorsement on their 12AB card once application to Lantra Awards has been made.NB: Qualified 12C Supervisors do not have to attend the IPV course as this is covered by their 12C Supervisor status.
NB: All candidates MUST hold a valid LGV Class 2 licence and be able to produce a copy before attending the course.