UTS | NHSS 12C Mobile Lane Closure Operative Training
Call us on 0121 326 8696 for details of this course
Course: NHSS 12C Mobile Lane Closure Operative Training
Duration: 2 days.
Group Size: Maximum 8 delegates.
Who should attend: All persons who will be required by their employer to undertake the MLC technique as an advance warning vehicle driver on motorways and/or dual carriageways.
Course aims: To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge to assist them in becoming a competent member of an MLC team.
On completion of the session delegates will: –
• Understand the principles of Sector schemes, general health and safety at work, risk assessments and method statements associated with the mobile traffic management industry.
• Reference documentation relevant to the mobile lane closure technique.
• Training and assessment requirements for mobile lane closure personnel
• Vehicle and equipment specification
• Communications roles and responsibilities
• Mobile lane closure principles and practical techniques
• The types of work that require full mobile lane closure techniques and the limitations.
Certification: On completion all candidates will undertake a multiple choice question paper which carries a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards (the National HSTM award body) will make certification for successful candidates. Full completion of the award can be achieved over a further period of a maximum 12 months, by undertaking on site assessments with a suitably qualified assessor in accordance with the award body’s scheme rules.