UTS | NHSS 12D Module 1/2 Static Works on Single Carriageways – Manchester
Duration: 1 day
Group Size: Maximum of 12 delegates for the Training Day
Who should attend: All persons needing to become a Registered Traffic Management Operative (RTMO) as described in sector scheme document 12d.
Course aims: To provide delegates with the necessary underpinning technical knowledge and skill to install, maintain, alter and dismantle temporary traffic management traffic control systems on single carriageway roads.
On completion of the session delegates will : –
- Be aware of sector schemes
- Be aware of health & safety at work
- Be aware of risk assessments & method statements
- Be aware of relevant codes of practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management
- Identify the equipment required in temporary traffic management
- Understand the requirements for minor works and moving works
- Understand the different methods of positive traffic control
- Understand how to deal with pedestrians
- Demonstrate an ability to implement, maintain and remove safely and correctly positive traffic control systems.
Certification: On completion all candidates will undertake 2 multiple-choice question papers which carry a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards (the national awarding body) will make certification for successful candidates. This is an initial off the job training course, full completion of the award is achieved over a further period of approximately 3-6 months, by under taking on-site assessments with a suitably qualified Assessor in accordance with the awarding body’s scheme rules.
NB: (Including all forms of traffic control except multi phase traffic lights)