UTS | NHSS 12D Module 3 Lane Closures – Birmingham
Please call 0121 326 8696 for details of this course.
Course: NHSS 12D Module 3 Lane Closures – Birmingham
Duration: 1/2 day
Group Size: Maximum 12 delegates
Who should attend: All Registered Traffic Management Operatives (RTMO) as described in sector scheme document 12d who require to add this category to their 12d card.
Course aims: To provide delegates with the necessary underpinning technical knowledge and skill to install, maintain, alter and dismantle temporary traffic management systems on dual carriageway roads restricted to 40mph or less.
On completion of the session delegates will have an understanding of: –
• Be aware of sector schemes
• Be aware of health & safety at work
• Be aware of risk assessments & method statements
• Be aware of relevant codes of practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management
• Identify the equipment required in temporary traffic management
• Understand the requirements for working on dual carriageways restricted to 40 mph or less management systems when working on dual carriageways restricted to 40 mph or less.
Certification: On completion all candidates will undertake a multiple-choice question paper which carries a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards (the national awarding body) will make certification for successful candidates. This is an initial off the job training course, full completion of the award can be achieved over a further period of approximately 3-6 months, by under taking on-site assessments with a suitably qualified Assessor in accordance with the awarding body’s scheme rules.
NB: Delegates must be qualified in 12D T1 & T2 prior to attending the 12D T3 course. (Static works on dual carriageways restricted to 40mph or less)