UTS | NHSS 12D Module 4 Convoy Working – Birmingham
For full details on this course please call us on 0121 326 8696
Course: NHSS 12D Module 4 Convoy Working – Birmingham
Group Size: Maximum 12 delegates x 1 Instructor. Maximum 6 delegates x 1 Assessor.
Who should attend: 12D T4 is targeted at all persons needing to become a registered Traffic Management Convoy Working Operative as described in Sector Scheme document 12D
Course aims: To provide delegates with the necessary underpinning technical knowledge and skill to convoy work on all 2 way roads and dual carriageway roads restricted to 40mph or less.
On completion of the session delegates will:
• Be aware of sector schemes
• Be aware of health & safety at work
• Be aware of risk assessments & method statements
• Be aware of relevant codes of practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management
• Identify the equipment required in temporary traffic management
• Understand the requirements for convoy working
• Understand how convoy systems operate.
Certification: On completion all delegates will be required to undertake a multiple choice examination which carries a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards (the national awarding body) will issue a certificate to successful candidates. Candidates will be awarded 12D module T4 after successful completion of one site based assessment with a suitably qualified assessor in accordance with the awarding body’s scheme rules. Refresher training is required every 5 years to keep your training updated and valid.
NB: Delegates must be qualified in 12D T1 & T2 prior to attending the 12D T4 course.