UTS | NHSS 12D Module 5 Multi Phase Traffic Signals -Birmingham
Course: NHSS 12D Module 5 Multi Phase Traffic Signals -Birmingham
Duration: One Day inc. centre based assessment
Group Size: Maximum 6 delegates.
Who should attend: All Registered Traffic Management Operatives (RTMO) as described in sector scheme document 12D who require to add this category to their 12D card.
Course aims: To provide delegates with the necessary underpinning technical knowledge and skill to enable them to install, operate, maintain and dismantle multi-phase traffic signals.
On completion of the session delegates will:
• Be aware of sector schemes
• Be aware of health & safety at work
• Be aware of risk assessments & method statements
• Be aware of relevant codes of practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management
• Identify the equipment required in temporary traffic management
• Understand the requirements for using multi-phase traffic signals
• Understand how to operate multi-phase traffic signals
Certification: On completion all candidates will undertake a multiple-choice question paper which carries a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards (the national awarding body) will make certification for successful candidates. This is an initial off the job training course, full completion of the award can be achieved over a further period of approximately 1-3 months, by undertaking an on-site assessment with a suitably qualified Assessor in accordance with the award body’s scheme rules.