UTS | NHSS 12D Module 7 Managers & Client Officers – Birmingham
Course: NHSS 12D Module 7 Managers & Client Officers – Birmingham
Duration: 2 days .
Group Size: Maximum 12 delegates.
Who should attend: 12D T7 is targeted at all levels of Management, Client Officers, Technicians and any person not actually installing Temporary Traffic Management (TTM), but requiring a knowledge of basic practice of TTM on urban and rural roads.
Course aims: 12D T7 is targeted at all levels of Management, Client Officers, Technicians and any person not actually installing Temporary Traffic Management (TTM), but requiring a Contractors, and for other organisations who require a knowledge of current basic practice with minimum legal requirements where they apply.
On completion of the session delegates will:
• Have a working knowledge of National Highway Sector Schemes.
• Interpret the requirements of ‘The Safety at Street Works and Road Works, A Code of Practice (The Red Book)’ and further guidance from ‘ The Traffic Signs Manual, Chapter 8’
• Consider all options available to determine the level and extent of the Temporary Traffic Management required.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the site risk assessment process.
• Have the ability to assess and determine temporary traffic layout required for a given work location, activity or operation.
• Understand the standard of equipment that is acceptable to use.
• Realise the implications of changing conditions on site.
• Have the confidence to liaise with site staff for appropriate remedial actions.
• Have the ability to confirm suitability of TTM plans prior to work starting on site.
Certification: On completion all delegates will be required to undertake a written examination which carries a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards (the national awarding body) will issue a certificate to successful candidates with the option of purchasing a card. Refresher training is required every 5 years to keep your certificate or card valid.