Upcoming overnight closures planned for M25 and M1 motorways near Watford
Motorists using motorways near Watford at night may face some disruption to their journeys from next month due to a programme of maintenance works.
A notice from National Highways in this week’s edition of the Watford Observer details the works that will shut roads to and from junctions of the motorway and sections of hard shoulder.
The authority is intending to make an order that would authorise the overnight closure of:
- The hard shoulder adjacent to the anti-clockwise carriageway of the M25 between Chorleywood Road overbridge and a point 470m south of the overbridge.
- The hard shoulder adjacent to the anti-clockwise carriageway of the M25 between a point 220m south of Solesbridge Lane overbridge and Chorleywood Road overbridge.
- The road leading to the clockwise carriageway of the M25 at Junction 18 (A404).
- The road leading from the anti-clockwise carriageway of the M25 at Junction 19 (A41).
- The road leading from the anti-clockwise carriageway of the M25 at Junction 21A (A405).
Furthermore, the order would authorise overnight lane closures on both carriageways of the M1 between Junction 3 (London Gateway Services) and Junction 6 (A405).
This will involve the hard shoulder being used when the outside lane is shut and closed when the inside lane is shut.
These works are due to start on or after February 9 and last for approximately four months.
The closures would take place between (maximum periods): Mondays to Thursdays – 9am to 5.30pm; Fridays – 10pm to 6am; Saturdays – 9pm to 6am; Sundays – 9pm to 5.30am.
The closures and diversion routes will be indicated by signs when they are in operation during the works period.
Meanwhile, Hertfordshire County Council is planning to make orders for the temporary closure of two streets in Watford for roadworks.
Vehicles are set to be prohibited from using:
- Albert Road South, Watford, from its junction with A411 Beechen Grove South-westwards to its junction with Gaumont Approach, a distance of approximately 118m.
- A4145 Vicarage Road, Watford, from its junction with A411 Exchange Road south-westwards to its junction with Ladys Close, a distance of approximately 40m.
This order, if made, will take effect on January 31, but the works will only take place at times indicated by signs or near the roads.