VACANCY | Highway Care | Marketing Assistant – Maternity Cover
Highway Care are seeking an organised and passionate individual to help assist the marketing team while the Marketing Manager is on maternity leave.
This will be a 12-month long cover position, with the potential to go permanent upon satisfactory completion of the contract. The role will be based at Head Office in Maidstone, with occasional travel to UK based exhibitions.
Working alongside and being mentored by the Marketing and Social Media Assistant; you will assist the marketing team and support the sales function of the company, using various marketing channels including advertising, product literature, internet and events. While at all times promoting the good reputation of the company, increasing sales and profitability through excellent service.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows;
- Assist with internal communications
- Help the marketing department to maintain literature and distribute to commercial team
- Assist with graphics for adverts and events
- Liaise with content writing companies to create blog content, case studies and social media content (once experienced within industry and product knowledge gained this will then become a requirement to produce in-house)
- Distributing content to relevant news outlets, gaining PR contacts in magazines
- Working on project to build case studies and testimonials from key customers
- Assist with events administration including:
- Keeping track of deadlines and payments
- Organising delegate passes, uploading profile, video reel creation
- Monitoring merchandise and recording where necessary
Essential skills, competencies, qualifications and behaviours you should demonstrate;
- Organised with good time management and administration skills
- Passion for marketing
- Keenness to learn about content creation
- Interested to learn and generate creative marketing campaign ideas
- Interest in marketing technology and new platforms
- Interest in event organising
- Experience in Adobe suite programmes such as Illustrator and InDesign desirable
- Experience in updating content management systems or willingness to learn
- Experience and enthusiasm for copy writing
If you think you have the necessary skills, experience and enthusiasm for this role then please send your CV and a brief email to:
Closing date: Sunday 20th January 2019
Diversity & Inclusion Notice
Highway Care values a diverse workforce and the contribution each individual makes.
They are committed to promoting inclusivity, equality, and diversity in their policies, practices, and procedures.
They believe in treating everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.