VACANCY | MVIS | Sales Executive
Report to: Graeme Lee.
Based at: Home address
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Sales Executive to join a leading supplier of innovative mobile and solar powered monitoring and visual information systems, with a commitment to delivering greater flexibility, innovation, and choice to their clients.
The purpose of the role will be to plan and carry out direct marketing and sales activities, so as to maintain and develop hire of MVIS VMS and Solar IP units and integrated products to Highways England and their contractors, local councils and government agencies, traffic management companies, event’s organisers and other hire companies.
As a Sales Executive you will be confident in demonstrating and presenting solutions to prospective clients both over the phone and face to face. You must be prepared to work alone, travel and stay away. You must hold a full drivers licence.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Highways, ideally from a VMS background, however this is not essential. You will possess a creative approach to sales, excellent verbal and communication skills, be highly organised and able to work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines and targets. Some knowledge and interest in Highways and Civil Engineering be desirable.
- Maintain and develop a computerised and prospect database.
- Plan and carry out direct marketing activities to agreed budgets, sales volumes, product mix and time scales.
- Develop ideas and create offers to major accounts and new accounts.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by telephone, email and personal visit.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with internal order-processing staff.
- Supply hire information, including purchase order and delivery details.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- Maintain and report on products suitable for direct marketing and sales opportunities.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Manage telemarketing and research assistant.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Assist occasionally in collection of payments by liaising directly with customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and customers/suppliers.
- Occasionally there may be other duties due to the nature of your role and the work and size of the company that fall outside your job description.
- Confident in demonstrating and presenting solutions to prospective clients both over the phone and face to face.
- The ability to work away from home as and when required.
- Hold a full drivers licence.
- Able to work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines and targets.
- Some knowledge and interest in Highways and Civil Engineering
- Experience within a sales role.
- Lone working experience.
You will be rewarded with a good basic remuneration, a company vehicle for site visits, mobile phone, laptop, company pension, death in service.
If you fit the bill, do not hesitate to send us your CV today to email@example.com.