VACANCY | MVIS | Service Technician
Report to: Matt Felce, Technical Manager based in Matlock.
Based at: Upminster
MVIS are a leading supplier of portable ITS equipment in the UK. We manufacture and supply portable Variable Message signs, portable CCTV and other ITS equipment. Due to growth and an increase in workload an opportunity has arisen within our Technical Team. We are looking for a service technician to support the South of England. Based out of a depot in Upminster. The goal is to drive success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases efficiency.
As a Service Technician you will have good experience of working within mechanical and electrical environments. The aim is to be part of a team who has great problem-solving abilities, customer service and a great technical approach to support our clients and the systems they are utilising.
Ideally the ideal candidate would come with CSCS Accreditation, experience of working within the Highways Industry within roadworks areas, be first AID trained and encompass some knowledge of vehicle maintenance and electrical systems. However, these are not fundamental for the role, but are benefits for the candidate.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits and within the depot.
- Tie workflow to schedule.
- Manage all on site repair, maintenance and servicing tasks.
- Diagnose faults or technical problems and determine correct solutions.
- Produce detailed and timely report.
- Document processes.
- Follow all of the companies filed procedures and protocols.
- Cooperate with the technical team and share information across the organisation.
- Comprehend the customers
- Requirements and make appropriate recommendations.
- Build positive relationships with customers.
- Basic mechanical and electrical (DC) knowledge.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment.
- Basic computer diagnostic skills.
- English literacy.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules.
- The ability to work away from home as and when required.
- CSCS accreditation.
- Experience of working within the Highways Industry within roadworks areas.
- First aid trained.
- Lone working experience.
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance and electrical systems.
You will be rewarded with a good basic remuneration, a company vehicle for site visits, mobile phone, laptop, company pension, death in service.
If you fit the bill, do not hesitate to send us your CV today to email@example.com.